You’ve tried planning ahead only to be upended due to unexpected circumstances. If you can’t rely on a plan to help you chart a course, why should you do it? Why waste the time?
If you follow the definition of planning as your guide you will see why the process is so critical to any business’ success.
“In organisations, planning can become a management process, concerned with defining goals for a future direction and determining on the missions and resources to achieve those targets. To meet the goals, managers may develop plans such as a business plan or a marketing plan. Planning always has a purpose”
To plan means you have a purpose in mind. Whilst tactics and strategies to achieve the goals might change, the PLAN, the foundation of what you want to accomplish shouldn’t.
Here are some tips of areas to include in your business plan:
- Vision – Describe the long-term goal of your business, up to 10 years out. Imagine where you would like to be, how you think your business will be running. Giving your business a vision allows yourself to see the future.
- Mission Statement – Write your Mission Statement of how you will achieve your vision. This will help you set goals, reach targets and give yourself a full proof idea on how to get to your vision.
- Purpose – Who are we & what do we do? Insert a sentence or two to describe who you are, what business you are in, and what your purpose is.
- Culture – Your core values represent how you and your entire team behave. Here is ActionCOACH culture: https://hastings.actioncoach.co.uk/our-culture/
- Target Market – Describe the relationship you have with your marketplace (customers, suppliers, competitors, community etc).
- USP – Describe what makes you unique and different from your competition.
- Guarantee – Describe how your clients/customers can get reassurance that your product or service does what you say it does. Our ActionCOACH guarantee: https://hastings.actioncoach.co.uk/our-guarantee/
If you would like to build a successful business plan but are not sure where to start, then why not attend our 90-Day Roadmap to Success – GrowthCLUB on the 7th January 2022 from 9.30am – 3.00pm. Register Here.